- Your job in life is not to be like anybody else...but to be yourself, totally unique.
- God doesn't guarantee that we'll win all the battles, but He does guarantee we will win the war!
- Whether you persevere or not determines your success.
- The biggest problem in missions is that missionaries quit.
- Faith & Love spring out of Hope. (Colossians 1:4 &5)
- As you move forward with hope, your struggles will begin to fall off.
- Even when you don't know about it, when you open your mouth & share the Gospel, you release the glory of God.
- Many Christians treat God like a salad bar, taking the things they want & leaving what they don't.
- Don't let religion get in between you a & God.
- Religion does things for God, faith does things with God.
- Faith, Hope, & Love feed each other.
- Unless you're in a love relationship with Jesus, you can't really love anyone else with real love.
- Love is essentially a commitment of heart to the other person's well being.
- Love is ALL that God wants from us.
- 1 Corinthians 13...AMAZING! :)
- All real love must have God as its source.
I had an absolute blast with the kids during AOS (Acts of Service) this week. We played with playdo a lot. Noah, Brandon & Angela's son, actually ate some that turned his poop neon green. It was lovely. Noah declared World War III with Mekeisha's daughters, Jasmine & Maya. I just love the terrible twos. Wednesday Noah fell asleep in my arms. That's when I decided I loved him again. HAHAHA...just teasing, I always love him. Here are some fun pics of the kiddies:
Me & Noah
Me & my partner Hali
Our speaker for Thursday & Friday was Mekeisha Smith again. Her topic was "The Nature & Character of God." Some of her powerful points:
- You know you're getting the truth about God if He gets bigger & closer to you.
- Stop reading the Bible like it's a book of fairy tales, Start reading it like you're catching a glimpse of the min & heart of God.
- Truth has hardly nay power to affect your life, it's your perception of the truth that affects you more.
- God's call to us is not one of success, but one of obedience.
- It is unbefitting to the King for the world no to know who He is.
- Whenever God calls you to something, there's always enough grace for it.
- God is not like us, we can't judge Him by what we see in people.
- Only questions find the answers they seek.
- If the Son of God can be a servant, we're no different.
- Love will carry you where duty will not.
- You need to love God as much as the person you love least.
Thursday night we found out the locations of our outreach. There are 2 different places. 6 students can go on the one and the rest go on the other. Drum roll please................
A special country in Asia & Thailand
Only 6 students and 3 staff can go to the 1st one because it's a closed country & it's very hard to get in. I chose to go to Thailand & that one. But they haven't told us the final team for this location because more than 6 people wanted to go so the staff is praying about it & will let us know Monday. So I'll let you know. Exciting huh?
So today...when I was out running errands & trying to get Noah's birthday present since he turns 2 on Monday...I got in a car accident. Yep, my very first car accident...I rear ended a lady in a Taurus. It was terrible. She was extremely nice though & told me not to worry. We were in stop & go traffic & I was only going about 10 mph. Her car was fine, it just cracked my bumper a bit. Praise God that was all. :)
Well I just want to say miss & love you all again. & don't miss me too much. :) I'll try to get more pics & let you know where I'm going for sure on Monday. Thanks for all your prayers & support.